The Scotsman EC46 ice machine has a red light that flashes to indicate a problem. The most common causes of the red light flashing are:
- Low water level: The ice machine needs a constant supply of water to operate. If the water level is low, the ice machine will not be able to make ice and the red light will flash.
- Full ice bin: The ice machine has a built-in ice bin that can hold a certain amount of ice. Once the bin is full, the ice machine will stop making ice and the red light will flash.
- Door open: The ice machine will not operate if the door is open. Make sure the door is closed tightly before trying to use the ice machine.
- Overheating: The ice machine has a built-in thermostat that will shut it down if it overheats. This can happen if the ice machine is not properly ventilated or if it is overloaded.
- Faulty sensor: If a sensor in the ice machine is faulty, it can cause the red light to flash. In this case, you will need to contact a qualified technician to repair the ice machine.
If the red light is flashing, you can try the following to troubleshoot the problem:
- Check the water level and make sure it is full.
- Empty the ice bin if it is full.
- Close the door tightly.
- Make sure the ice machine is properly ventilated.
- Unplug the ice machine for 30 seconds and then plug it back in.
If the red light is still flashing after trying these steps, you will need to contact a qualified technician to repair the ice machine.
Here are some additional tips to help you keep your Scotsman EC46 ice machine running smoothly:
- Defrost the ice machine regularly.
- Clean the ice machine regularly.
- Inspect the ice machine regularly for signs of wear and tear.
- Replace any worn or damaged parts immediately.
- Have the ice machine serviced by a qualified technician annually.